AAUW DIVERSITY GOALS
- Appoint a branch diversity chair to work closely with the membership and program chair and/or committees.
- Encourage branch programs and projects to celebrate the diversity themes in your community; participate in community events that highlight diversity–festivals, theater, art, or cultural events.
- Print the diversity statement in the branch newsletter.
- Increase awareness for the physically challenged with attention to the meeting location, provisions for disabled persons.
- Promote a diverse membership of the eligible population in the community; work to have your branch reflect that population.
- Appoint a welcoming committee for branch meetings.
- Forge coalition partnerships for community projects and programs.
- Publish and use the AAUW! Adelante! Book of the Month Club list.
- Diversify branch leadership
- Develop social justice programs within the community
- Hold a Woman-to-Woman program or meeting
- Complete a branch diversity evaluation and community analysis
AAUW Diversity Statement
In principle and practice, AAUW values and seeks an inclusive membership, workforce, leadership team, and board of directors. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, geographical location, national origin, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status.
AAUW OHIO, DIVERSITY AWARD 2020-2021
Recognition will be given at each District Meeting in 2021 to branches that are making strides to be inclusive and diverse in their membership outreach and community involvement.
- Criteria for the OHIO DAFFODIL DIVERSITY AWARD will include the Diversity Goals for branches. Branches must meet at least THREE of the goals.
- To apply for recognition, branches must send a written statement on their accomplishments, with documentation, to the Ohio Diversity Chair. Statements should include branch name, name, and signature of the president, telephone number, email contact, and name of diversity chair (if applicable). The material must be received a month before each district meeting.
- Press clippings, news articles in-branch publications, listings from branch yearbook, photographs from events or meetings shall constitute documentation.
Questions about the Ohio Daffodil Diversity Award may be directed to:
AAUW Ohio Diversity Chair, Sally Dye, Cell 740-360-5578 OR Email: email@example.com